<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 01, 2006

Of Jobs and Classes and Other Things 

Since my last post much has happened. Number one on that list is the phone call I received about a week ago offering me a permanent position with the firm I summered with. As if any kind of offer isn't great, this one was terrific because it was an offer to join my favorite team at the firm. I couldn't be happier! It's certainly a relief to start my last year of school knowing that I have a job (and one that I think I'll enjoy) after graduation. While I feel like I've worked hard over the years to make this happen, I also recognize that I'm incredibly lucky and blessed to receive an offer before I even got started back to school for my third year.

So, after celebrating non-stop all weekend, I started classes on Monday. I have four classes (one of which doesn't meet most of the semester), one independent study and an externship, which translates to three papers and two finals. I much prefer papers to finals, so I'm fairly happy. I've already picked my three paper topics and am pretty excited about some of the things I'm going to get to research and write about. I've managed to tie sports into all three papers, so at least I'll perhaps enjoy the research. I don't want to reveal my topics though because I'm hoping to get one published. So far the only law school goals I've set and not accomplished yet are getting published and graduating with honors...I'll work on those this year!

Hope everyone else is getting off to a good start!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?